The Supplier’s and Transporter’s Policy is purchased primarily by companies that provide products or services to operators of nuclear facilities in the US The policy is designed primarily to apply excess of the limit available under another party’s Facility Form Policy or primary if there is no Facility Form Policy in place.
The Foreign Supplier’s and Transporter’s Policy is purchased by US companies that provide nuclear-related products or services outside the US (for additional information, refer to the Informational Papers listed in the left-side panel).
Liability Policy Features
- Policies are written on a continuous basis and are subject to a single lifetime aggregate limit. Our liability is thus “capped” under each policy.
- Defense costs are included within the policy limit, and the limit is automatically reduced by any payments for loss or loss expense.
- Coverage applies only to claims made for bodily injury or property damage caused during the policy period, and only if such claims are brought within ten years of policy termination.
- For a “common occurrence” as defined, ANI’s liability is limited to our maximum liability capacity, regardless of the number of separate policies that apply to the same incident.
- Offsite environmental cleanup costs arising out of governmental orders or directives are specifically excluded, with minor exceptions for costs resulting from clearly identifiable accidents.
- Onsite property damage and onsite cleanup costs are specifically excluded.