ANI is a joint underwriting association currently comprised of 22 member companies. Membership is open to any domestic property/casualty insurance company licensed to do business in at least one jurisdiction in the United States.
Membership in ANI offers opportunities for significant financial rewards. To take advantage of these opportunities, a prospective member must meet the following criteria and participation guidelines:
- A license to write property/casualty business in at least one jurisdiction in the United States
- A.M. Best rating of “A-“or better
- A policyholders’ surplus (PHS) of at least $100 million
- Unqualified, audited financial statements for the latest financial reporting period
- No more than 10% of PHS committed to ANI’s Domestic Liability Pool
ANI audits the financial performance of all member companies annually. In addition to ensuring compliance with the above guidelines, we review all companies that receive rating reductions from A.M. Best during the year. Membership applications, as well as the annual member company audits, are reviewed by our Security Committee, Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
If you are a U.S. property/casualty insurer that meets our criteria and would like more information on membership, please contact us for more information.